Fruit of the Earth: Arnica and Tea Tree Shampoo

Hey Cupcakes,

Today I'm reviewing my latest shampoo. It is a Modicare product. "Fruit Of The Earth: Arnica and Tea Tree Shampoo". My lovely Sister-in-law introduced me to Modicare products and I must agree they are not bad. Winter always tends to bring in dandruff and so when I visted the Modicare shop, this product particularly caught my eyes ;) Top in the fact that it has Tea Tree Oil. And I couldn't stop myself from indulging in this golden beauty :)






What It Claims:
A potent double action formulation for dandruff-free hair all year round.Nature's own remedy for dandruff and problem scalp.This potent formulation with a unique double action, helps remove dandruff and restores scalp health, so that fresh dandruff does not form. Also nourishes and moisturizes hair.

Neem: The most powerful natural antiseptic, anti fungal and sporicidal. Helps remove infections from scalp.

Arnica: Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. Removes dandruff and heals damaged scalp.

Tea Tree Oil: Natural antiseptic.Restores healthy scalp.

Cost: 100 ml for Rs 83/-

Ingredient Check

Sodium Laureth Sulfate: It is a detergent cleanser.Widely found in hair products.Not too good.But okay for hair.

Polyquat 7: This is good for hair.It helps in conditioning the hair.Helps the shampoo foam better.

Phenoxy ethanol : This is mostly used for its conditioning and emollient properties. Okay for hair.

Tea Tree Oil :Used to fight microbes that cause dandruff. Okay for hair if your aim is to fight dandruff  :)

My Experience:

Pros:

1. Mild Shampoo
2. Herbal, good for daily usage esp for dry hair.
3.Thick consistency
4. Mild Fragrance. It has a sort of herbal smell to it but it doesn't come off too strong so as to be irritating.
5. Didn't strip my hair dry.
6. Sturdy Packaging. Travel Friendly

Cons:

1. Didn't miraculously help with the dandruff.But did clear up the mess to a great extent.
2. Didn't make my hair dry but they weren't conditioned either. The shampoo bottle suggests using "Fruit of The Earth: Almond and Aloe Vera Conditioner" for best results.
3. Availability is an issue.Only available through Modicare Stores.

Final Word:

This is a decent shampoo and can be used for everyday use. Might be much more effective that way I guess.  But I never shampoo my hair everyday :P Anyways I have a very bad habit of comparing every anti dandruff shampoo with my HG anti dandruff shampoo Ketomac I reviewed it a few days back on my friend Pooja's Blog Indian Beauty Central. You can See The Review Here  .

That's all.Hope you Like the review.
Keep Smiling
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Nice review , will check, joined u via GFC !:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx Manya...M already followin u..Glad you liked the review
    Keep Smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good product-but availability is an issue-I dunno where to find it in Kolkata :( Nice review!! Me following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow u reviewed it so well
    literally u did a scrutiny :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @anuradha :) Thnx dear :) The availability is definitely an issue, it is only available through Modicare consultants

    ReplyDelete
  6. @bidisha :) Thnx for the compliment :) It is really sweet of u dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. never heard of this brand before. sounds good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Kuheli..It definitely is a good brand :)
    Thnx for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello, there! nice blog--enjoyed browsing, and enjoyed your product reviews. i am now following you now, and maybe you'll have time to visit my blog. :) cheers from new england!
    jasmine
    adamalexmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete